Job Opening – Freelance Content Editor
ALPHA Camp has an exciting new opportunity for part-time / freelance content editor to help us edit content for our new Web Development curriculum. A quick summary of the job and requirements:
The successful candidates will be responsible for editing content for our new Web Development program. You will be assigned one or more sections that focus on a specific topic each. We will give you a copy of the writing brief that was given to the writer with references and sources you can consult if necessary. Briefly, these are the topics of interest:
- Building a Node.js project with MongoDB
- Building a Node.js project with MySQL
- Build your e-commerce site in Node.js
- Empathy for students who are learning difficult concepts, you should be able to edit a document to make it suitable for adult learners whose first language may not be English
- Good and effective communication skills
- Good command of English
- Knowledge of the programming languages and tools listed would be an advantage, but not required
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Able to stick to tight deadlines
- At least two years of proven editing experience, this can be freelance or part-time in any industry or subject
- Experience editing educational material
- Experience editing IT/technology/programming material would be an advantage
- Able to work with Google Docs, implement specific styles and formatting as per AC standards
What ALPHA Camp can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of our mission to improve the lives of thousands of people in Asia by closing their skills gap!
- A chance to work for an exciting startup with like-minded, passionate and knowledgeable team members who want to empower others
- Flexible schedule and working style. You won’t need to come into the office and you can manage your time as you see fit within our given deadlines
- Potential long-term engagement depending on your performance, abilities and interests
Compensation: Payment will vary depending on amount of content, topic, experience of writer, deadline, etc.
About ALPHA Camp
A brief history
ALPHA Camp (AC) was founded with the mission to help people develop meaningful and rewarding careers in the new economy. We teach people the skills and mindset that will not only help them stay relevant, but succeed in this age of technological acceleration.
We launched our first seminar in Taiwan in 2013, and later expanded to Singapore in 2016, partnering with Singapore’s government to help its citizens develop careers in technology. Since then we have trained over 4,000 individuals, and our Bootcamp has graduated over 300 alumni who are working as software developers, designers, and digital marketers in MNCs and various startups across Asia.
Today, we offer a diverse portfolio of training programs for both consumers (2C) and corporates (2B) in Taiwan and Singapore.
Combining data, technology, and community
There are four reasons we decided to move our program online:
- To help more people by allowing them to learn online, anywhere, and at their own pace
- To ensure consistency in delivering our course content via videos, graphs, and text
- To gather in-depth learning data from a large set of students so we can optimise and improve our content and course design
- To harness the power of social discussions, gamification, personalised learning, and other potential techniques and technology to improve engagements and learning effectiveness
While we believe technology will help us to substantially improve both the experience and the effectiveness of our courses, we also understand that there elements that make learning in an offline classroom effective. One of these key elements is the trust and sense of community built via personal interactions. As such, we try to include personal elements in our training programs to ensure a sense of community is built among our students.
What to do next:
If you are interested, please tell us more about yourself by completing this short questionnaire. We will review your answers and prepare a short assessment based on the role you are applying for and your skills.